[Discuss-gnuradio] Meta file time stamp

From: Daniel Marlow
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Meta file time stamp
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:51:31 -0400

Dear All,

  We are experiencing unexpected behavior with the time stamps in the meta file
headers.   It
appears that in cases where the flowgraph experiences data drops, the timestamp
is properly
updated.   However, in cases, where the flowgraph hits the maximum segment size
(4 MB in our case),
the calculation of timestamp is done in such a way that appears to neglect a
decimation factor
in one of our  blocks (keep_1_in_n).     Details can be found below.   Any
suggestions as to what's
going on or what to do about it would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dan Marlow

Details:

   OS: Ubuntu 15.04 (GNU/Linux 3.19.0-26-generic x86_64)

   H/W:  Ettus B210 with GPSDO,
             Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz 8GB memory USB3

gnuradio:  3.7.8

Flowgraph:   This is provided to give an idea of what we are doing.  It is
close to what we
                     are using, but not exact, since we edited the output
generated by GRC.

The actual top_block we are running is attached below.

Results:  gr_read_file_metadata test09.dat > headers.txt