Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Struggling with gr-perf-monitorx

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Struggling with gr-perf-monitorx
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 03:48:40 +0000

Hey Tom,

I ran into this "math domain error" with CtrlPort recently.  Based on your suggestion that it might be related to zero work blocks causing a divide by zero, I started hacking away anything that might be being short-circuited in the relatively complex flowgraph.  First, an shorted branch of a select tree - no dice.  Then a copy block.  BAM!  That was it.  I guess copy must be super efficient and not really do any work.

Anyhow, I figure that using a copy block in a fg should reliably reproduce this problem an perhaps serve as a model for working around it.

In my fg, the copy block was serving as a valve that would prevent downstream blocks from executing if it was shut.  In my case, the "valve" was open, and data was flowing through the copy block.

Thanks!