Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building with cmake

From: Robert Durkacz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building with cmake
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:51:19 +1000

Thanks Nathan for that information. If I can capture the command lines
I will be all right.

I would like to express an opinion about make. It is a clever utility.
That link shows that nearly everyone uses make in some form or
another. Whether it is cmake or auto-tools it would be better if
whatever generates make files produces files which do justice to make.
I do not see that this is the case either with cmake or auto-tools.
You get something that might work if there are no errors but is overly
complex and obscure for maintaining a build. It is a side-issue with
respect to SDR of course but I am interested in promoting make for
stand-alone use.