Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about burst communication

From: Washbourne, Logan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about burst communication
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 11:24:11 -0500

My guess is no, the receiver doesn't have its own thread, because I'm not sure how to tell.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On 24.09.2015 16:31, address@hidden wrote:
> Julian and Martin,
>
> Typically 2 U's appear then a stream of O's. Ya, I don't have any sort
> of correlation block on the receiver side so that is definitely a
> problem. Next week I'll work on implementing a correlation block with a
> barker code preamble.
>
> Do you have any suggestions for quick testing and validation? What I've
> been doing to check the bytes, if my acknowledgment fails, is to save
> the bytes to a file and use MATLAB to inspect them. Is there an easier
> way to quickly look at individual bytes?

If you have lots of O's, looking at bytes won't help -- the O's are
because your receive part is somehow too slow or stalling. You'll need
to fix that first.

Does your receiver have it's own dedicated thread?