Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC qtgui_sink "Clicked Freq Variable" not workin

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC qtgui_sink "Clicked Freq Variable" not working.
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 10:09:55 +0100

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Jeremy Butler <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello, this is my first post to the mailing list! Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out!

I'm using gnuradio v3.7.6git and Ubuntu 12.04

I am having issues with the "Clicked Freq Variable" option in the qtgui_sink block in GRC. If I understand this correctly, it should basically act just as the "Freq Set Varname" option of the WX GUI FFT Sink.

The qtgui_sink block doesn't seem to be changing the variable that I put into this option when I click or double click on the frequency graph.

I've attached a small GRC flowgraph to illustrate the issue. I would expect the label to change every time that I click on the frequency graph.

I've looked into the source code a little bit and done some debugging and I've found that it doesn't seem like the plotPointSelected signal is even being emitted, or if it is, it isn't being captured and the appropriate callback is not being called to update the variable.

I'm at a loss now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all for your time!

Jeremy,

The qtgui_sink_X blocks don't have this functionality built in. Instead, you'll want to use the qtgui_freq_sink_X blocks for this purpose.

The general qtgui_sink blocks need a lot of rework to pull in the new features that are currently available in the other stand-alone blocks.

Tom