Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex type clarification

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex type clarification
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 19:22:06 +0200

Hi Jason:

right, 32bit floats I & Q each; in fact, GNU Radio doesn't really care,
it just uses the native float type, but as far as machines that you'd
use GNU Radio on are concerned, that should be IEEE754, indeed.
Scaling is up to the application, so you can't presume [-1;1]. However,
for the USRPs, +-1 is full scale, indeed. Typical case where this
matters is OFDM, where you might be putting a symbol vector with each
symbol being within these boundaries, but the (I)FFT might have
significantly higher peaks.

Best regards,
Marcus