Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installation with pybombs: still missing python t

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installation with pybombs: still missing python thrift libraries
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:18:24 -0400

With some help from the thrift maillist I figured out what the problem was:

thrift requires "trial" and this is not part of the pybomb recipies, so thrift fails silently. So after installing "trail" the installation of thrift 0.9.3 manually from the latest source was a breeze.
After configuring gnuradio it gives:

-- Configuring gr-ctrlport support...
--   Dependency Boost_FOUND = 1
--   Dependency SWIG_FOUND = TRUE
--   Dependency SWIG_VERSION_CHECK = TRUE
--   Dependency ENABLE_GNURADIO_RUNTIME = ON
--   Enabling gr-ctrlport support.
--   Override with -DENABLE_GR_CTRLPORT=ON/OFF
-- Looking for C++ include sys/resource.h
-- Looking for C++ include sys/resource.h - found
-- checking for module 'thrift'
--   found thrift, version 0.9.3
--
-- Python checking for Thrift
-- Python checking for Thrift - found

so thrift is recognized.

So I guess, trial should be added to the recipie for thrift and a new trial recipie should be created.

thanks everyone,
Achilleas