Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data loss in transmission over the air

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data loss in transmission over the air
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 20:20:53 +0100

Hi Israel,

well, the packet decoder will drop any packet it can't properly decode. Since you don't have perfect transmission, some packets will be not decodable.
You will have to tweak the parameters of your transmission to increase its robustness. Since you don't show how you actually do the transmission, it's hard to advice, but generally, all your digital communication theory knowledge applies, so use as much power as feasible, increase E_b by decreasing symbol rate, make sure you account for possible frequency offsets, apply channel coding, do timing recovery etc, the whole book, one by one. By successively decreasing your packet error rate, you will build a better transceiver :)

Best regards,
Marcus