[Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic changes of the samples flow in a flowgraph

From: Piotr Krysik
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic changes of the samples flow in a flowgraph
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:39:55 +0100

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to modify dynamically flow of samples in a flowgraph.
Making changes in between lock() and unlock() functions is not good
enough - a number of samples from sources like rtl-sdr are lost during
flowgraph reconfiguration.

I had some hope that selector block (or some similar block based on the
same concept) can be used for the purpose of reconnecting part of a
flowgraph. However it uses  lock() and unlock() so the effect is the same.

Can something what I need (a selector or valve block but without use of
lock() ) be implemented or is it incompatible with GNU Radio design?

One of the projects I need this for is live synchronization multiple
rtl-sdr devices inside of GNU Radio (I will make it public when it will
be done). Some of samples are captured to vector sinks for the purpose
of synchronization. After collecting a required number of samples these
sinks should be disconnected so they don't use the entire memory. I
can't do it however without loosing some sample and this way loosing
also synchronization.

Best Regards,
Piotr