[Discuss-gnuradio] eventstream questions

From: Tom Krauss
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] eventstream questions
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 15:25:22 -0600

(resending from the specific email I registered on this list with, since I'm not seeing it posted to the list - sorry if you see a repeat)

I'm trying to learn about eventstream to transmit and receive packets.

Started out simple:  Message Strobe -> Random PDU Generator -> EventStream Source -> QT GUI Time Sink.  No luck - nothing showing up here in the output stream.

In Tim O'Shea's http://oshearesearch.com/2015/04/02/burstpskmodem/ example, the source of PDUs is very similar (Message Strobe -> Random PDU Gen) but after a few other burst transforming blocks (padding, scrambling, FEC, preamble), there is a block called the "Burst Scheduler" that somehow converts the final TX PDUs to the "schedule event" input of the "EventStream Source" block.
Questions:
1) what does this "Burst Scheduler" block do? Is that what I am missing in the above flow?
2) is this block available in some package? I'm not seeing it in gr-eventstream on github. I'm running 3.7.6, is it in a later gnuradio?

Thanks,
  Tom