Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DPSK DEMOD sync out option

From: Washbourne, Logan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DPSK DEMOD sync out option
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 12:20:49 -0600

It'll probably be best if you do that.

Thank you for looking into it.

I have another question while I have you. I was hoping that sync output was going to be some sort of magical correlate/sync option. About a month ago I was trying to get a messaging system to work over the air using two USRP1's. I have recently started over in order to figure out why it wasn't working. This week I was able to achieve a BER of .002% using DQPSK OTA, however, I am using matlab to correlate and sync the preamble bits. I think I finally have OTA transmission because I am using the DPSK Demod block, which to my knowledge, uses FLL timing, polyphase timing and the like. I was trying to use those blocks individually last month, but I never could get a solid transmission going.

So my question is, can I correlate post demodulation or is the best way to do it, pre modulation? Ideally I'd like to continue using the DPSK Demod block and the bits coming out of it. Most of the correlate options I see in GRC seem to want to use complex values.

I really appreciate your help,

Logan Washbourne
Electrical Engineering Graduate Student
(Electromagnetics)