Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error list terminal window

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error list terminal window
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 13:55:08 +0100

Hi Vinay,

your mail from an hour ago reached the list just fine :) Please don't repost the same questions this fast; it just confuses people.

So, this looks like none of the gr-radar blocks have been installed.

Now, this is a bit strange, because the current version of the LiveDVD comes with gr-radar preinstalled, so you're probably using an old liveDVD and did not install gr-radar, or you made a new user on the live systemand forgot that you'll need to build and install gr-radar there locally. Looking at your path, I'd say this is the most likely problem here.

So, easiest course of action is log out as user "vinay" and log back in as user "ubuntu" (empty password). You'll find gr-radar preinstalled, and you'll find the examples (among with the rest of the source code) under /home/ubuntu/src/gr-radar

The liveDVD was designed to be used as is in a single-user environment, so when you add a new user (vinay), none of the installed GNU Radio Out-Of-Tree modules are available, and you will need to install them by hand, after installing pybombs.
Now, that is kind of the opposite of why you'd want to use the LiveDVD. If you need to have your own user, with its own files, I'd recommend installing a "normal" Linux (Ubuntu 15.10 or 14.04.3LTS, Debian, Fedora, CentOS 7,... doesn't really matter, whatever suits your taste best), and install GNU Radio and gr-radar there using the pybombs utility; you'd have to do nearly the same thing to get everything running as vinay on the liveDVD. Again, if you just want things to work, simply use the default "ubuntu" user.

Best regards,
Marcus

On 21.11.2015 12:20, vingnu GNU wrote:
while running "simulator_cw.grc"I got error messages like this in terminal window

>>> Error: Block key "radar_signal_generator_cw_c" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_qtgui_scatter_plot" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_qtgui_time_plot" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_estimator_cw" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_ts_fft_cc" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_os_cfar_c" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_print_results" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_print_results" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Error: Block key "radar_static_target_simulator_cc" not found in Platform - grc(GNU Radio Companion)
>>> Done

can some one please inform me cause for this

-vinay