Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2 USRP1s, both loads firmware correctly, but only

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2 USRP1s, both loads firmware correctly, but only 1 can run ANY sdr apps. Why?
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 10:19:38 +0100

Hi Peter,

wow: GNU Radio 3.4.2, that is OLD.

With firmwares that old, I can really not tell from experience how the USB behaviour should be -- the link (and bcdDevice numbers) you mention might or might not apply. The USRP firmwares have gone through significant rework since the libusrp times to now work consistently with UHD. Whilst libusrp used to be a GNU Radio component, UHD is a standalone driver that can be used by software such as OpenBTS without needing any GNU Radio to operate.

You don't need GNU Radio for modern OpenBTS, it integrates its own UHD driver interface as far as I know, which should be able to talk to your hardware; I might be incorrect, though - I've never used an USRP1 with OpenBTS.

I'm including the USRP-users mailing list in this reply -- this is really not much of a GNU Radio problem, and my hopes are that there are more people knowledgeable about firmware of that era over there. Please feel free to sign up to the list [1] and follow up there.

Best regards,
Marcus