Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ham/amateur getting started

From: Markus Heller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ham/amateur getting started
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 01:06:16 +0100

Hi there,

I'm very sorry that I cannot join this FOSDEM. I'd love to, but I must
travel to see an old friend of our family who is seriously ill - I
promised to visit him end of January.

I'd like to contradict to Martin's observation. Last year's FOSDEM
clearly showed that around 80% of the GNURadio audience holds an Amateur
Radio callsign.

There are many more HAMs than it seems around here. Keep in mind that we
had a guest list at the UBA / DARC booth and we got around 90
signatures...

I am also pretty sure that it will just be the same for the next
FOSDEM.

vy73
markus
dl8rds