Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VFO tuning knobs

From: Albin Stigö
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VFO tuning knobs
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:34:03 -0300

Lots of people are building their own with a microcontroller and some
kind of rotary encoder. One super easy way is to use the teensy
arudino clone (or similar) since they already have libraries for USB
HID so you can make your scroll wheel act like a mouse scroll wheel.

Rotary encoders exist in many different qualities. Optical rotary
encoders are really nice, and expensive.

I've also seen people using stepper motors as encoders.

--Albin