Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-channel: adding ETSI/3GPP channel model taps

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-channel: adding ETSI/3GPP channel model taps
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 13:16:53 -0800

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:

ETSI TS 145 005 V[1] specifies the relevant GSM channel models.

I do have a bit of python code that converts those to 10MS/s sampled
FIRs. Should I just add something to gr-channels python code that gives
you FIR taps for different of these models?

​It would be useful to see how well the Annex C tables can be mapped to the Frequency Selective Fading Model block parameters and do some resulting simulations with these.  The block simulates the time-varying effects of doppler and Rician/Rayleigh fading given a power delay profile and other relevant parameters.​

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services