Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone working on ATSC 3.0 enc/dec?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone working on ATSC 3.0 enc/dec?
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:29:48 -0500

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Colby Boyer <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for response Tom and Ron.

I'll take a crack at improving the ATSC decoder efficiency first, just
to get my feet wet with GNURadio again. Tom, are there test vectors
available for the ATSC 1.0 decoder?

Whether or not ATSC 3.0 will ever be a thing... I agree with what Ron
has said, and I don't know if it will ever succeed. But with that
said, ATSC 3.0 has a better chance in existing in NA as opposed to
DVB-T2.

Colby

Colby,

It's been a while since I've looked at it, but we keep this file in our set of data:

http://gnuradio.org/data/atsc_ref_data_low_snr_6.4Msps.16sc

If that doesn't work for you, I can get you a good snapshot that I've used myself just captured locally off air. We don't have a good "pure" test signal lab generated or anything, though.

Tom