Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall display in uhd_fft

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall display in uhd_fft
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 18:35:00 -0500

On 01/03/2016 06:14 PM, Daniel Marlow wrote:
Hello,

   We are running gnuradio v 3.7.8 on Ubuntu 15.08.  H/W is B210.    We are
looking at our self echo from EME (moon bounce).

   When running uhd_fft, we see clear EME echo signals on the FFT display (10-20 db above
the noise).   However, we don't see these signals on the waterfall display.  We do see
the very large signals when we transmit.    Is there a way to adjust the
"vertical" range of the display so that the noise is mapped onto something
black or nearly so and signals 20 db above the noise appear as bright colors?

Sincerely,
Dan Marlow