Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] edits to HamRadio wiki page

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] edits to HamRadio wiki page
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 16:04:40 -0800

Daniel,

thanks for editing the wiki! One thing (unrelated to the fact that this
is a page for hams) is that there's a lot of overlap with other pages.
The installation, for example, is covered elsewhere and I'm not sure why
you're specifically addressing Debian-jessie users.
Things go out of date quickly, and I hate out-of-date documentation, so
keeping redundancy low, and linking to pages where content already
exists, is always recommended.

I'd like to encourage people to join editing this page. The "Hardware"
page focuses on the SDR hardware, but maybe this is a good place to talk
about other hardware (amps, antennas).

Also, it seems the page is focussed on hams starting with GR. The
reverse path is also common, and it would be nice to have this page be
useful both to newcomers from the ham *and* the software domains.

Cheers,
Martin