Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to send a complete file

From: Michael Berman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to send a complete file
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 10:26:11 -0800

Ekko,

It has been a while since I have dealt with this kind of issue with the digital coms, but I have run into this.  The problem I found was that there was not enough data in the file to feed the packetizer properly.  There are probably several work arounds for this, but the simplest would be to pad the data up to the exact amount the packetizer needs to generate the packets and send them along.  You can check if this is the case by varying the size of your file.  If you change the number of bytes in the file, you should see the amount left out varying; if you add bytes slowly you should see a breakover point near a multiple of the number of bits the packetizer needs that will create a small or no amount of data not transmitted.

Michael