Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] implementation 2x2 MIMO

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] implementation 2x2 MIMO
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 15:16:31 +0100

Hi Diyar,
it's always better to reply to the Mailing list in whole rather than just to individuals on there; the point is that eye only have one pair of eyes, and others can help, too!

>I know there is different type of MIMO coding techniques, but I could not find an example of them. for example, Alamouti coding (two transmitter and two receiver).
I'm replying to the discuss-gnuradio mailing list, too. I'd recommend following up there, it's much more likely that you find someone who has used done that with GNU Radio on there.

Is there any example to get two channels between two usrp devices (x310)?
Now, we're dealing with two different meanings of the word "channel":
1. if you simply want samples from both daughterboards, use the "Num Channels" option in the USRP source/sink block and set it to 2.
2. if you mean "two independent channels recovered from the channel matrix, typically via singular value decomposition": I'm not aware of any ready-to-use example, but I'm sure the GNU Radio mailing list would know more.

Best regards,
Marcus

On 17.01.2016 14:53, Diyar Muhammed wrote:
Dear Marcus,
Thank you for your recommendation.
I have good knowledge how to use blocks in gnuradio software, and know how to add blocks out of tree.
I know there is different type of MIMO coding techniques, but I could not find an example of them. for example, Alamouti coding (two transmitter and two receiver).
Is there any example to get two channels between two usrp devices (x310)?
In advance thank you.
Regards,
diyar