Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with custom RFNoC block output in GRC

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with custom RFNoC block output in GRC
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:04:30 -0700

> I think the issue is that mixing GNU Radio + RFNoC connections is
> confusing GNU Radio. You're connecting port 0 to another RFNoC block,
> but port 1 to a GNU Radio block. GNU Radio now believes you must have 2
> output ports (which is true, kind of) and you've left port 0 dangling
> (because it doesn't know about the RFNoC connection).

Yep, I think you hit the nail on the head.  Not sure how I didn't pick
up on it empirically before, but that seems to be what is going on.
Thanks!

> This is an interesting use case, and I need to cook up an example of my
> own to see how to make this more streamlined and intuitive.

Not a bad idea because this wasn't super intuitive to me.  I get your
point why it is happening, but I wouldn't have thought it a problem
beforehand.

Thanks!