[Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling rate lower than Nyquist-Shannon frequency?

From: Paweł Tomaszewski
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling rate lower than Nyquist-Shannon frequency?
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:44:50 +0100

Hello,
In GnuRadio when I create some basic RTL-SDR receiver followed by FFT block I can set receiver signal frequency of my local FM station 107.5MHz and sampling frequency of 32kHz.

With that settings I can correctly see on FFT display signal of my local station. But according to Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem, sampling rate should be at least 2 times higher than signal frequency, so in my situation I should set at least 215MHz into sampling rate parameter.

Why does it work correctly?

Thanks,
Paweł