[Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS apache-thrift install fails

From: Laur Joost
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS apache-thrift install fails
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 00:33:39 +0200

Hi all!

Trying to set up gnuradio via pybombs. Keep failing with

./configure: line 17783: syntax error near unexpected token `QT,'
./configure: line 17783: `    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QT, QtCore >= 4.3, QtNetwork >= 4.3, have_qt=yes, have_qt=no)'
PyBombs.Packager.source - ERROR - Configuration failed after running at least twice.
PyBombs.Packager.source - ERROR - Problem occured while building package apache-thrift:
Configuration failed
PyBombs.install - ERROR - Error installing package apache-thrift. Aborting.

Given that the message (syntax error near unexpected token `QT,') keeps popping up in very diverse contexts with thrift installs around the net, this seems like something on their side, really. I'm going to go ahead and contact them about it, but meanwhile I'd really like to get some gnuradio stuff done.

Included is the output from
pybombs install gnuradio uhd

Some context, in case it's relevant:
as PyPI has a version of PyBOMBS that has the "PyBombs.RecipeListManager - ERROR - Package None has no recipe file!" issue, I built PyBOMBS from git, as described here:https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs/
That was today, with last commit 4be662672769baf64389486d714fcac0a70eaf9c.

As PyBOMBS failed to install boost ("no candidates for boost 1.53 available", I think it was), I installed libboost via apt-get, got 1.58:
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

Also tried (even though the recipe says --without-qt4) installing qt4 via pybombs. As expected of a syntax error, it didn't disappear.

All the best
Laur