Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code / ham radio

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code / ham radio
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 18:51:58 +0100

On 04/02/16 18:35, Martin Braun wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> that sounds pretty good! We're currently polishing our ideas list (the
> current draft is at
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GSoCIdeas). We could
> probably write up a project idea on our wiki page, and then copy it to
> your ideas list, or vice versa.

Having the idea on both lists is perfectly OK, we should probably create
links between them though so it is clear that it is a collaboration

> Note that we didn't get accepted into GSoC last year, so I'm not sure
> what our chances are. I'm sure we can find a mentor, though.

That is another reason to have this on the Debian ideas list as well.
If GNU Radio is not accepted but Debian is accepted then the project can
still potentially go ahead.  It also depends on the number of slots that
Google allocates to each selected project.  The Google system allows us
to register multiple mentors for a student, so we could potentially have
both a GNU Radio developer and a Debian Developer linked to the same
student.  Both mentors would also have an equal chance of selection for
the mentor summit.

Regards,

Daniel