Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSM

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSM
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 10:36:47 +0100

Dear Srinivasan,

There's no error in the picture, just a warning that certain buffer types won't be available. That's not a problem.

Also, could you try to use your Operating Systems "screenshot" functionality next time instead of sending a picture snapped with a camera? Also, for text messages, please don't send pictures at all, but copy and paste the text of the message as text to the email. That makes life easier for those who'd like to help you :)

There's very many reasons you might not be able to get proper GSM packets; it's very hard to tell what doesn't work; just a few common things to consider:

* Is RX gain set high enough?
* Is the antenna actually suitable for the frequencies you want to get?
* If you add a spectrum visualization block, can you actually see something that looks like the signal you're expecting?

Best regards,
Marcus