[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Architecture and Implementation ?

From: Abhinav Jadon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Architecture and Implementation ?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 06:17:03 +0530

Hi ,
I was reading up about the architecture of GNU Radio. Its primarily an inheritance based architecture, the blocks that pass data to other block are actually implemented as subclass and superclass pair. Am I right about this?
Also whats the need for the flowgraph to be a subclass of the top_block. Also, whats the difference between top_block and block ?

Regards