[Discuss-gnuradio] Capture peaks in gnu radio

From: Stephen Berger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Capture peaks in gnu radio
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 07:48:32 -0600

Maksim,

Excellent question.  I am working on a similar problem. I will post back as I am able to make progress.

Let me suggest that we broaden the question to make it more generally useful, especially for those doing spectrum research.  I think we want to divide ‘peak’ into a number of more narrowly defined terms, each of which is important in different contexts:

1.     Absolute instantaneous peak

2.     Highest transmission burst, average power during each transmission

3.     Quasi-peak

4.     Average, with variable averaging times or event counts

For different purposes, each of those becomes important.  It would be wonderful in GNURadio to be able to select the best one for a given measurement.

Best Regards,

Stephen Berger