[Discuss-gnuradio] B200mini and Raspberry Pi 2 Connectivity

From: Michael Skaggs
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] B200mini and Raspberry Pi 2 Connectivity
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:26:40 -0500

Hello all,

After sorting out my power issues with the B200mini (it required a dual USB to 3.0 mini cable, due to browning out the single USB 3.0 connection), I'm now trying to connect my B200mini to a Raspberry Pi 2.

I was excited when I found that Raspbian has a gnuradio and gnuradio-dev package available, but that excitement quickly faded when I found that it was GNURadio version 3.7.5 and UHD version 3.007.003. I'm not sure if the GNURadio version is an issue, but I know that UHD 3.007.003 is far too old to recognize the B200mini (I tried multiple times before realizing my problem).

The GNURadio package on Raspbian works like a charm, but cannot detect the B200mini due to UHD. I have installed UHD from source on the RPi2, and successfully probed the B200mini, but could not get GNURadio to compile from source correctly. If I install a newer version of UHD after installing the gnuradio and gnuradio-dev packages, I get the "uhd_find_devices: undefined symbol" error.

I'm trying to find a middle ground. My question is, is there a way that I can update the Raspbian package of UHD that it could both detect the B200mini and I can use GNURadio Companion?

Thanks,
Michael