[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Discuss-gnuradio] Tutorial issue: AttributeError: 'module' object has n

From: Lefteris Kampianakis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tutorial issue: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'square2_ff'
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:23:32 -0800


I am experiencing problems with the tutorial on OOT development. I am trying to implement the basic square_ff that is described here:


and I get the following error:

  File "MYPATHTOMODULE/Gnuradio/top_block.py", line 263, in <module>
  File "MYPATHTOMODULE/Gnuradio/top_block.py", line 251, in main
    tb = top_block_cls()
  File "MYPATHTOMODULE/Gnuradio/top_block.py", line 117, in __init__
    self.howto_square2_ff_0 = howto.square2_ff()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'square2_ff'

where "MYPATHTOMODULE" is where I have saved the files.

I have followed the instructions very carefully and the module appears in GRC but the error is still there.

I have recently seen the same issue in these threads:


But in all cases people seem to have done something more other than just the tutorial. 

Here's a link to my files:

I installed gnuradio using the build-gnuradio script after I fixed the  libzmq-dev typo.

 ldd libgnuradio-howto.so gives the following output:
linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007ffd821b1000)
libboost_system.so.1.54.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_system.so.1.54.0 (0x00007f3a0fcde000)
libgnuradio-runtime- => /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-runtime- (0x00007f3a0fa0f000)
libgnuradio-pmt- => /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-pmt- (0x00007f3a0f7c7000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f3a0f4c3000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f3a0f2ad000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f3a0eee8000)
libvolk.so.1.2.1 => /usr/local/lib/libvolk.so.1.2.1 (0x00007f3a0eb2a000)
libboost_filesystem.so.1.54.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_filesystem.so.1.54.0 (0x00007f3a0e914000)
libboost_thread.so.1.54.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_thread.so.1.54.0 (0x00007f3a0e6fe000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f3a0e4e0000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007f3a0e2d8000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f3a0dfd2000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f3a100ed000)
liborc-0.4.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liborc-0.4.so.0 (0x00007f3a0dd50000)

The problem appeared after I upgraded from ubuntu 12.04 to ubuntu 14.04 if that helps.
uname -a gives:
3.13.0-79-generic #123-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 19 14:27:58 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I had a module that acted as a very simple detector for my receiver that converted a complex number to a binary value (byte output) that worked fine before the upgrade that I have developed with the same method as the tutorial. Now of course it doesn't work. 

I wouldn't send a message if I hadn't spend 3 days on this but now I am really stuck. Please advise.

Thank you

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]