Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to save demodulated data in file..

From: mcquiggi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to save demodulated data in file..
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 08:40:08 -0800

Whoops, I meant 8-digit, not 80-digit!!!!!

On Mar 4, 2016, at 8:39 AM, mcquiggi <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Salman:

In regard to your first question, I suggest looking at the “hexdump” utility under UNIX.  It will allow you to view binary files, and then you can analyze the actual bit stream.  It dumps any file in hexadecimal format.  There are a number of options, but as you make more progress and actually want to see ASCII characters in your files, the “-C” option will allow you to do that.

Enter:

man hexdump

for some docs.  Generally, pipe the output through “more” so you see a screenful at a time, e.g.:

hexdump filename | more

The 80-digit hex value on the left hand side of the output is the offset of the bytes within the file.

Hope this helps,

Kevin