Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install issues

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install issues
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 14:00:06 -0800

PyBOMBS will call sudo for you, if necessary. No need to do that yourself.

Cheers,

On 03/07/2016 01:56 PM, Todd Lutton wrote:
> .... and that pointed the way.
> There was a permission error in creating the directory.
>
> I ran as sudo and installed apache-thrift,  gnuradio and gr-mac without issue.
> All other prerequisites installed as normal user.
>
> $pybombs -vv install apache-thrift
> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package git-core has version 1.9.1 in dpkg
> PyBombs.install - DEBUG - Install tree:
> PyBombs.Fetcher.git - DEBUG - Requirements met.
> PyBombs.Fetcher.git - DEBUG - Using url - https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
> PyBombs._process_thread() - DEBUG - Executing command `['git', 'clone',
> 'https://github.com/apache/thrift.git', 'apache-thrift', '-b', 'master']'
> fatal: could not create work tree dir 'apache-thrift'.: Permission denied
> PyBombs.monitor_process() - DEBUG - Thread signaled termination or returned
> PyBombs.monitor_process() - DEBUG - Return value: 128
> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - That didn't work.
> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - Process returned value: 128
> PyBombs.Packager.source - ERROR - Problem occurred while building package
> apache-thrift:
> Unable to fetch recipe apache-thrift
> PyBombs.install - ERROR - Error installing package apache-thrift. Aborting.
>
> Thanks,
> Todd
> Sent: Monday, March 7, 2016 16:03
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install issues
>
> Can you please try again with -vv? Will print even more...
>
> Cheers,
>
> On 03/07/2016 03:53 AM, Todd Lutton wrote:
>> This is a blank drive - only OS & gnuradio components installed.
>>
>> $ df -h
>> Filesystem                   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root  286G  4.1G  267G   2% /
>> none                         4.0K     0  4.0K   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
>> udev                         4.0G  4.0K  4.0G   1% /dev
>> tmpfs                        806M  1.2M  804M   1% /run
>> none                         5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
>> none                         4.0G  156K  4.0G   1% /run/shm
>> none                         100M   68K  100M   1% /run/user
>> /dev/sda1                    236M   46M  178M  21% /boot

>> To: address@hidden
>> Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install issues
>>
>> Hi Todd,
>>
>> hm, not too sure, but this looks like the getting of source code failed,
>> though Cloning reached the 100% mark, so my first suspicion is: not
>> enough space on your drive to unpack thrift?
>> What does "df -h" say?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Marcus
>>

>> On 07.03.2016 12:15, Todd Lutton wrote:
>>> Running pybombs -v install gnuradio
>>>
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package git is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'git-core || git'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package git-core has version 1.9.1 in
>>> dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package git is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'git-core || git'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package git-core has version 1.9.1 in
>>> dpkg
>>> PyBombs.install - DEBUG - Install tree:
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher.git - DEBUG - Requirements met.
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher.git - DEBUG - Using url -
>>> https://github.com/apache/thrift.git
>>> PyBombs._process_thread() - DEBUG - Executing command `['git', 'clone',
>>> 'https://github.com/apache/thrift.git', 'apache-thrift', '-b', 'master']'
>>> Cloning:     (100%)
>>> [=========================================================]
>>> PyBombs.monitor_process() - DEBUG - Thread signaled termination or returned
>>> PyBombs.monitor_process() - DEBUG - Return value: 128
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - That didn't work.
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - Process returned value: 128
>>> PyBombs.Packager.source - ERROR - Problem occurred while building package
>>> apache-thrift:
>>> Unable to fetch recipe apache-thrift
>>> PyBombs.install - ERROR - Error installing package apache-thrift. Aborting.
>>>

>>> I then tried install of apache-thrift only:
>>> $ pybombs -v install apache-thrift
>>>
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager - DEBUG - Reading config info from file:
>>> /etc/pybombs/config.yml
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager - DEBUG - Parsing config file failed
>>> (/etc/pybombs/config.yml).
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager - DEBUG - Reading config info from file:
>>> /home/todd/.pybombs/config.yml
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager - DEBUG - New config items: {'default_prefix':
>>> '/usr/local/'}
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager - DEBUG - Template directory:
>>> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/templates
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager.PrefixInfo - DEBUG - Inspecting config file:
>>> /home/todd/.pybombs/config.yml
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager.PrefixInfo - DEBUG - Using default_prefix as prefix
>>> (/usr/local)
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager.PrefixInfo - DEBUG - Choosing default prefix config
>>> dir: /usr/local/.pybombs
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager.PrefixInfo - DEBUG - Config dir does not yet exist.
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager.PrefixInfo - DEBUG - Prefix configuration file not
>>> found: /usr/local/.pybombs/config.yml, assuming empty.
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager.PrefixInfo - DEBUG - Prefix source dir is:
>>> /usr/local/src
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager.PrefixInfo - DEBUG - Prefix inventory file not found:
>>> /usr/local/.pybombs/inventory.yml
>>> PyBombs.Inventory - DEBUG - Trying to load inventory file
>>> /usr/local/.pybombs/inventory.yml...
>>> PyBombs.Inventory - DEBUG - No success. Creating empty inventory.
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager - DEBUG - Full list of recipe locations:
>>> ['/home/todd/.pybombs/recipes/gr-etcetera',
>>> '/home/todd/.pybombs/recipes/gr-recipes',
>>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/recipes']
>>> PyBombs.ConfigManager - DEBUG - Named recipe locations: {'gr-etcetera':
>>> 'git+http://github.com/gnuradio/gr-etcetera.git', 'gr-recipes':
>>> 'git+http://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes.git'}
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Adding recipe location:
>>> /home/todd/.pybombs/recipes/gr-etcetera
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Scanning directory
>>> '/home/todd/.pybombs/recipes/gr-etcetera' for recipes...
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Found 51 new recipes.
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Loading templates.
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Adding recipe location:
>>> /home/todd/.pybombs/recipes/gr-recipes
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Scanning directory
>>> '/home/todd/.pybombs/recipes/gr-recipes' for recipes...
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Found 158 new recipes.
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Loading templates.
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Adding recipe location:
>>> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/recipes
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Scanning directory
>>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/recipes' for recipes...
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Found 6 new recipes.
>>> PyBombs.RecipeListManager - DEBUG - Loading templates.
>>> PyBombs.install - DEBUG - Initializing command class for command install
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> pip
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - pip is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> apt-get
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - apt-get is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> yumdnf
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> pkgconfig
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - pkgconfig is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> cmd
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - cmd is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Using packagers: ['pip', 'apt-get',
>>> 'pkgconfig', 'cmd', 'source']
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> pip
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - pip is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> apt-get
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - apt-get is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> yumdnf
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> pkgconfig
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - pkgconfig is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Attempting to add binary package manager
>>> cmd
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - cmd is supported!
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Using packagers: ['pip', 'apt-get',
>>> 'pkgconfig', 'cmd', 'source']
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package apache-thrift is
>>> installed.
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package apache-thrift is
>>> installed.
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package apache-thrift is
>>> installed.
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package libtool is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'libtool'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libtool has version 2.4.2 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package automake is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'automake >= 1.14'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package automake has version 1.14.1 in
>>> dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package gcc is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'gcc && g++'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package gcc has version 4.8.2 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package g++ has version 4.8.2 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package boost is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing '(libboost1.53-dev &&
>>> libboost-date-time1.53-dev && libboost-filesystem1.53-dev &&
>>> libboost-program-options1.53-dev && libboost-regex1.53-dev &&
>>> libboost-thread1.53-dev && libboost-test1.53-dev) || ((libboost-dev >=
>>> 1.53) && (libboost-date-time-dev >= 1.53) && (libboost-filesystem-dev >=
>>> 1.53) && (libboost-program-options-dev >= 1.53) && (libboost-regex-dev >=
>>> 1.53) && (libboost-thread-dev >= 1.53) && (libboost-test-dev >=1.53))'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libboost-dev has version 1.54.0
>>> in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libboost-date-time-dev has
>>> version 1.54.0 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libboost-filesystem-dev has
>>> version 1.54.0 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libboost-program-options-dev has
>>> version 1.54.0 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libboost-regex-dev has version
>>> 1.54.0 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libboost-thread-dev has version
>>> 1.54.0 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libboost-test-dev has version
>>> 1.54.0 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package bison is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'bison >= 2.3'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package bison has version 3.0.2 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package flex is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'flex >= 2.5.35'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package flex has version 2.5.35 in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package libevent is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'libevent-dev'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libevent-dev has version 2.0.21
>>> in dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package python is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing '(python2.7 || python2.6) &&
>>> python-dev'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package python2.7 has version 2.7.6 in
>>> dpkg
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package python-dev has version 2.7.5 in
>>> dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package ssl is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'libssl-dev'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package libssl-dev has version 1.0.1 in
>>> dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package pkg-config is
>>> installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'pkg-config'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.apt-get - DEBUG - Package pkg-config has version 0.26 in
>>> dpkg
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package twisted is installed.
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'python-twisted'
>>> PyBombs.ReqScanner - DEBUG - Parsing 'trial'
>>> PyBombs.Packager.cmd - DEBUG - Could run, but couldn't find a version
>>> number.
>>> PyBombs.install - DEBUG - Install tree:
>>> |
>>> \- apache-thrift
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Checking if package apache-thrift is
>>> installed.
>>> PyBombs.install - INFO - Installing package: apache-thrift
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - install(apache-thrift, static=False)
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Using packager pip
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Using packager apt-get
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Using packager pkgconfig
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Using packager cmd
>>> PyBombs.PackageManager - DEBUG - Using packager source
>>> PyBombs.Packager.source - DEBUG - State on package apache-thrift is 0
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - Fetching source for recipe: apache-thrift
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - Switching to src directory: /usr/local/src
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - Getting fetcher for
>>> https://github.com/apache/thrift.git, type git
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher - DEBUG - Using fetcher <pybombs.fetchers.git.Git object at
>>> 0xb6d1226c>
>>> PyBombs.Fetcher.git - DEBUG - Requiring packages on host system: ['git']