Good proposal. Really liked the radio service database idea too.
It would be nice to have a radio info tab in the GUI, which provide details about plausible transmission type based on the frequency allocation of the region (e.g ).
Some comments on your proposal
Block diagram (fig.2)
- In the block diagram your synchronization block comes before the AMC block. Are you referring to some blind synchronization schemes?. If yes can you put some references.
- You could also analyze whether sync is necessary for AMC.
- Some useful links [2-3].
Smart demodulation block
- Can you please add some more details about this? May be one or two references.
- For demodulation you need to do a lot more parameter estimation after AMC (samp/symbol, shaping filter parameters etc).
Modulation classification block
- It would be nice to add/analyze details on the existing gnuradio blocks for cyclo/CNN based classification
- This will help you to plan your timeline accordingly