Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] lack of understanding the different formats to st

From: Jacob Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] lack of understanding the different formats to store samples
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:49:46 -0700

Ralph,

If I understand this, each 8-bit byte of data contains four two-bit IQ samples, in which case the "Unpack K Bits" block is likely what you are looking for. It will treat each bit in a byte (from Byte File Source in this case) as an individual item, which can then be type-converted and interleaved to give you complex data. There are a couple other tools under the category of "Byte Operators" that may be helpful.

Jacob