Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can "Tagged Stream to PDU" behave like "UHD Sink"

From: Francisco Albani
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can "Tagged Stream to PDU" behave like "UHD Sink" when tags are missing?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 05:57:50 -0300

I may answered myself: this is not a problem of Tagged Stream to PDU, because the "missing length tag" error is raised by the scheduler. The UHD Sink block is not an instance of Tagged Stream Block, so the scheduler does not checks tags consistency.

The quickest solution appears to be crafting a lax version of Ts2PDU.

Hi!

First of all, to avoid an infinite length message subject, I left it a bit inaccurate. Sorry for that.

What I really want to ask is if there is any combination of "official" blocks (or python tricks) that can achieve the same error handling as UHD Sink when comes to missing length tags.

UHD Sink just outputs a 'tG' warning and keeps searching, but Tagged Stream to PDU breaks the flowgraph, which is very inconvenient. I was hoping Tagged Stream Align would do the job, but appears only to correct initial offsets.

The application I'm working in needs to change its symbol rate (and hence its packet length (in samples)) and does not care if some packets are lost because a bunch of samples got caught in the middle of the transition.

This is in the context of testing the application, that will run with UHD Sources and Sinks. I'm simulating those using Tagged Stream to PDU, among other blocks. If there is a clever way to simulate UHD Sources and Sinks, I can follow it.

Many thanks!

Francisco.