[Discuss-gnuradio] declare_sample_delay cannot handle large delay?

From: Liyang Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] declare_sample_delay cannot handle large delay?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 17:00:25 -0400

Hi all,

I am playing with gnuradio and USRP but find something “weird”.
I am using a custom block with history samples. Since delay on stream tags is
introduced, I use declare_sample_delay to offset it. So in the constructor of
my custom block it is like:
set_history(hist_len+1);
declare_sample_delay(hist_len);

In experiments I found that it works well when hist_len is small. But if I set
it to a rather large value (e.g., 1000), the output just lose all the tags the
block is supposed to pass.
So I presume the scheduler cannot handle large delay?

Thanks.

Liyang Zhang
PhD Candidate
Northeastern University