Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM benchmark optimal parameter

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM benchmark optimal parameter
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:31:13 +0100

Diyar,

> I look at tx benchmark help I could not find rates but there is packet size and megabytes to transmit.

benchmark_tx --help should help you.
You set the bandwidth, which sets the sampling rate; together with the occupied tones number related to the FFT length, you get a symbol rate.
Together with the modulation you set, this gives you a

Since only one program can use a USRP at a time, you can't use benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx at the same time.
Instead, use benchmark_tx with the "--to-file" option to save the samples to a file, and build a quick GNU Radio flow graph in GRC that has a file source (reading that file), a USRP sink (fed from the file source), a USRP source, and a file sink (saving the samples from the USRP source to another file).

Then use benchmark_rx with the --from-file option to read in these saved samples.

Best regards,
Marcus