Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to "close" osmosdr source?

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to "close" osmosdr source?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:55:09 -0700

On Mar 24, 2016, at 15:13, M. Ranganathan <address@hidden> wrote:
> This works fine using USRP so I am wondering if there is a way to close the
> osmosdr  "source" explicitly before restart.

You must ensure that the old block is destroyed.

In order to do this, you must of course drop all references to it within your
program, but you must also remove it from the GR flow graph and, if the graph
is running, _unlock() the graph_ before creating the new block.

But:

> I am building a sensor using osmosdr which continuously sends data to a
> server. I want the sensor to be resilient to server restarts, so when a
> server disconnection is detected, my sensor tries to restart itself.

Instead of recreating the source, why not recreate the connection to the server
and keep the source?

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>