Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rx overflow problem related with sample rate

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rx overflow problem related with sample rate
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 21:06:18 -0400

On 03/27/2016 09:01 PM, SangHyuk Kim wrote:
Hi,

My Ethernet controller info.

Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM57762 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
Subsystem: Apple Inc. Device 00f6
Physical Slot: 9
Memory at acb00000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=64K]
Memory at acb10000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=64K]
Expansion ROM at a0a00000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: tg3

And I changed rmem_max and wmem_max but, it was not effect.

How can I change recv_buffer_size ??

Thanks
Just specify it in the device arguments.

recv_buffer_size=<some_value>

In your device arguments

On 03/27/2016 05:53 AM, tom x wrote:
Hi,

>I think my PC can handle this sample rate
Have you tried other rates? What's the highest sample rate before overflow occurs?

>How can I handle this problem ?
Maybe a power squelch block? You can filter out signals that don't meet a db threshold before they reach your PC.
https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1analog_1_1pwr__squelch__cc.html
That's not how Gnu Radio works.    The blocks run on your PC.

However the power squelch I believe interrupts the sample stream, so that if you're writing to disk, the average write rate to the disk
  is lowered in this case, depending on the dynamics of the amplitude of your signals, since you'll only be writing "good stuff".

If you're getting 'D', this may be your ethernet controller--what type do you have?  The 82579LM is notorious for dropping data.
  Also, make certain that your network buffering is configured correctly.  See the notes here:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_transport.html#transport_udp_linux

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 10:56 AM, SangHyuk Kim <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using USRP N210 with CBX daughter board on native Ubuntu 14.04

When I open fft_uhd with sample rate about 25 MSps, it spits out of "D"(overfow)

As I know, USRP N210 support sample rate up to 25 MSps and it's possible on Tx mode.

I think my PC can handle this sample rate, but I don't know why this is happened.

How can I handle this problem ?

Thanks.