[Discuss-gnuradio] implementation of tdma using USRPs

From: Henning Bredenberg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] implementation of tdma using USRPs
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:52:01 +0200

Hi all,

I'm using GNU-Radio for some weeks now and i try to implement a little project. This list already helped me to get into it. Thanks for that.

First step of my project now is to implement a simple tdma-frame using two USRPs B200 connected via a coax cable. The first 20ms of a 80ms-frame are assigned for me. I used the tunnel.py, which builds a TAP-device. I got that working so far and so i configured two virtual ethernet interfaces (gr0 and gr1) which i can ping successfully. The aim is now to use this virtual interfaces to emulate the occuring delays of my communication system in grc. Therefor i tried to use the tdma_engine.py of pre-cog (grextras included) but some issues occured due to the change from 3.6 to 3.7. I read about it in the archives but it was all pretty outdated. Are there any newer templates to implement a tdma structure? Or is it advisable to use tdma_engine.py?

best regards,
Henning