Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] costas ambiguity and correlate-and-sync block in

From: Landsman, Arik
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] costas ambiguity and correlate-and-sync block in qpsk
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 23:48:21 +0000

Hi Andy,

I like the "GMSK 9600" approach you mentioned - certainly will be looking into
it. in the meanwhile I attached my flow graph. The debug folder has the input
and output files.

0xFC0C3 is the sync word as can be seen in "stream_helloWorld". I use Bless to
generate the binaries but any hex editor would work I imagine.

changing sps from =2 to =8 changes corr (as expected), so generating corr
symbols with a "matched" modulator seems like the way to go.

changing threshold from 0.3 to say 0.5 forces a tag only on that first ultra
high spike (30k or so). but 0.3 has the same spike, just more tags follow
(which is encouraging).

Tried bypassing the channel sim, power squelch, AGC, FLL directly into the
corr_est block in case the blocks change the symbols in an unpredictable way -
nothing seems to be off.

As the ultimate check I usually loop the input file ("packet" if you will) and
compare it at the Rx. "Hello World" pops here and there but not often enough to
start considering BER testing for now.. costas output flips by 90*
sporadically.

finally, the gui plots are not in the order of the signal chain but are labeled
properly. Hopefully easy to follow.

And thanks again!

Arik