Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XM on GR

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XM on GR
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 19:10:58 -0700

I think there is an overlay modulation. I'll try dig up the source where I saw that.

On Apr 7, 2016 16:30, "Steve Katzberg" <address@hidden> wrote:
Jason,

I am involved in a project that needs the bit stream from XM but we do not need it decrypted.  The acquisition of the unencrypted Channel 1 would be fun to do, but so far I cannot get Gnuradio blocks to properly lock on to the signal.  The Costas loop drifts through he QPSK constellation, but won't stay locked on it.  That probably means I don't have something right in GRC or there is an overlay modulation that confuses the Costas loop phase locking.  Until either my hybrid hardware/GRC setup starts locking onto the XM signal there will be no Channel 1.

Steve Katzberg