Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD clock rate in the usrp e310 - release 4

From: Gabriel Pechiarovich
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD clock rate in the usrp e310 - release 4
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 16:37:58 +0000

Hi I just tried your suggestion and it was ok for the RX side, but in the Tx side the decimation wont go up to 1024, it only decimates up to 512,

-- Asking for clock rate 16.384 MHz
-- Actually got clock rate 16.384 MHz
-- Performing timer loopback test... pass
-- Performing timer loopback test... pass

UHD Warning:
    The hardware does not support the requested TX sample rate:
    Target sample rate: 0.016000 MSps
    Actual sample rate: 0.032000 MSps

so is this locked for security or something, or the hardware simple doesn't have the capabilities?

On 04/06/2016 10:26 PM, Martin Braun wrote:
> On the release 4 image, you can't do that. But you can set the clock to
> 16 MHz and use a decimation of 1000. Or you can use a clock rate of
> 16384e3 and a decimation of 1024, for a better decimation filter response.

...they'll probably be about the same, as the same number of halfbands
will be active. But the point is, you can't go below 10 MHz MCR on
release 4, and not above decimation 1024.

Cheers,