Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synced MIMO cable clock of both boards changes at

From: Pavan Yedavalli
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synced MIMO cable clock of both boards changes at every call to tb.start()?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 21:53:34 -0400

Hi Martin,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm still a bit confused though. You are saying that I need to call set_time_now() or set_time_unknown_pps() to sync the clocks? So, simply connecting the MIMO cable between the two USRPs is not sufficient for the clocks to be synced?

And as far as the start() function is concerned, you are saying that calling it constantly will NOT reinitialize the clock? Is that correct?

My concern is that I have a while loop in which I call tb.start() in every iteration, and I want to make sure that the random phase offset between the two boards that is generated (MIMO cable between the two) stays the same through these iterations.

Please keep me posted! Thank you.

--
Pavan