[Discuss-gnuradio] OS X GnuRadio Tutorial question

From: jim Schimpf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS X GnuRadio Tutorial question
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 06:22:29 -0400

Hi,
 I have installed GnuRadio via “port” on OS X 10.11.4 and it runs with my RTL dongle.  I am working through the GnuRadio Tutorials and am on this one (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_GNU_Radio_in_Python) building new blocks. I have followed the tutorial, building the multiply_py_ff block and run it directly in Python which works.  When I try to build it so gnuradio-companion can use it all the steps work except for the last “sudo ldconfig” as ”ldconfig” is not present. in OS X  The block does not appear in the list of available blocks when I run gnuradio-companion.

The "make install" ran OK and put things in the right places. How do I fix this so the new block appears in gnuradio-companion ?  I searched the group and didn’t find a reference to this particular problem.

The make install did write the XML to the block directory that gnuradio-companion uses:

-------------------------------
-- Installing: /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/tutorial_multiply_py_ff.xml

Startup of gnuradio-companion

Preferences file: /Users/jim/.gnuradio/grc.conf
Block paths:
/opt/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks
/Users/jim/.grc_gnuradio

Thank you for the help.

Also I am using PyCharm as my Python IDE and found to use it on my install of GnuRadio I created a new project and set the Python interpreter to /opt/local/bin/python2.7. it then works just fine with the GnuRadio python code.

—jim schimpf