[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Packets and Frames into Tagged Stream Block?

From: Jingyi Sun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Packets and Frames into Tagged Stream Block?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 01:20:58 -0400

Hello experts,

I have a question regarding using both OFDM packets and frames as inputs into the same tagged stream blocks.

In particular, I would like to input data from inside an OFDM transmitter and data from inside an OFDM receiver into the same tagged stream block. I would like to process the data while they are symbols before the IFFT in the transmitter, and after the FFT in the receiver, as shown in the attached flow graph. When we run the flow graph with this additional block, data transmission stops due to a run-time error.

We believe that the problem is because we are trying to input tagged streams with different length tag keys: the tagged stream from the OFDM transmitter has length_tag_key = packet_len, while the tagged stream from the OFDM receiver has length_tag_key = frame_len. When we use inputs of the same length_tag_key, we find that there is no run time error.

My question: is there someway that we can process the receiver data and the transmitter data in the same block? For example, can I "break down" the frames into packets so that we can avoid the mismatching length_tag_key error?

Thanks a bunch!
Jenny & Team