Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'Can't Avoid' fixes in current GNUradio 3.7.9.2

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'Can't Avoid' fixes in current GNUradio 3.7.9.2
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:58:35 -0400

On 04/28/2016 03:43 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
I would think "probably not" within the 3.7 API version series. There have been plenty of additional features and bug fixes, but whether or not they are critical depends on your needs and applications. But I'd say the burden of proving "can't avoid" is pretty high.

It would be; an Urgent or Immediate bugfix might possibly trip the threshhold, but there have been a lot of changes in the codebase since 3.7.5.... and not everyone will want the change. It would take something really compelling.

You can look through that link I pasted above where we catalog the changes in all of our releases to see if anything sticks out at you, though.

Again, thanks for the link, and it does look like I will be wanting 3.7.9.2 for what I'm doing, based on what I understand of the changes. But I'm prepared to maintain my own packages.