[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor: n00b run-time errors with benchmark tool

From: Card, Stu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor: n00b run-time errors with benchmark tool and sink block on AMD APU
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 16:08:39 -0400

My apologies for this n00b question, but I have not found answers in the usual places.

I have carefully followed the instructions at

http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/fosphor

For building the benchmark tool, I replaced the line

 make LDFLAGS=-L/opt/intel/opencl-1.2-4.5.0.8/lib64

with

 make LDFLAGS=-L/opt/AMDAPPSDK-3.0/lib/x86_64/sdk

for my AMD APU (CPU w/on-chip GPU) hardware

and

edited the Makefile to remove "-Werror" from the CFLAGS as otherwise the warning about cl_create_command_queue being deprecated causes Make to give up.

After thus building the benchmark tool, running main yields

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
[+] Selected device: Devastator
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  157 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  30
  Current serial number in output stream:  30C

Attempting to use the GRC fosphor sink block in a trivial flowgraph (with a signal source, noise source and add operation, intended to give me a tone with a noise floor), I get no output until I manually terminate it, and then in the GRC message pane I see

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to find _glapi_get_proc_address
[+] Selected device: Devastator
[!] CL Error (-34, /home/stu/gr-fosphor/lib/fosphor/cl.c:464): Unable to share waterfall texture into OpenCL context

The same flowgraph, with the fosphor sink replaced by a QT GUI waterfall sink, works as expected.

Stu Card <address@hidden>