[Discuss-gnuradio] Interested in 'QT Widgets Improvements' Project - ESA

From: Ray David
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interested in 'QT Widgets Improvements' Project - ESA SOCIS
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:39:12 +0530

Dear concerned,

I am interested in the 'QT Widgets Improvements' project listed on the
project webpage (gnuradio.org). I wish to do this project as part of
the ESA's Summer of Code in Space program. I am currently enrolled at
the University of Edinburgh for Master of Science (Computer Science)
course starting this September.

I chose to be a part of QT framework because it is more productive -
as in - doing more with less code which in turn allows a person to
recollect complex designs without having to worry much about syntax.
As I am new to the opensource community, I believe that this project
will help me out in establishing a good rapport thus making it easier
to be a constant contributor in the foreseeable future.

As far as the programming skills are concerned, I am competent in C++,
and familiar with the QT(5) library. Are there any specific
requirements needed for an applicant to be considered? How can I
improve my rank/credibility among other applications received so that
I would have a fair chance of getting assigned to this project?
Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Shalom