Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS -R switch? was Re: Multiple errors/proble

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PyBOMBS -R switch? was Re: Multiple errors/problems with pybombs 2.0.1 in Kubuntu 16.04
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 19:48:36 +0200

Hi Eric,

It seems all the pybombs documentation is outdated.
Uh-oh. Maybe you stumbled across pybombs1 docs? Pretty much all documentation to pybombs 2.x is under https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs/

How can I get at least gnuradio compiled????
So, in fact, one could say, it's your local version of pybombs that needs an update, and not the website. Point is that the version that pybombs gets autonomously isn't the current "master" branch of development, but a bit older (the feature will probably appear in mainline pip's pybombs relatively soon). You'd have to go the route of updating it from git:
$ [sudo] pip install --upgrade git+https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git
if you want the -R functionality. However, that really is just another convenience option of pybombs; if you just initialize a prefix, i.e.

$ pybombs prefix init name_you_can_choose /path/to/prefix

and then install the packets you need, e.g.

$ pybombs install gnuradio

 I compiled gr-op25 and had it fail during the CMake config phase because it could not find SoapySDR libraries.
I don't think gr-op25 failed during CMake configuration, as that doesn't have any interface to any hardware. It however, has gr-osmosdr in its requirements, and that can talk to soapySDR devices. Is it that which is failing?

Generally, in this kind of situation, a generous amount of logs would  probably make things easier for us to debug.
Note that it is very interesting here how and where to you've installed the soapySDR libs.

Best regards,
Marcus